Are you wondering if Elementor is the right page builder plugin for your website? In this article, you will learn about Elementor and why it is the best drag and drop page builder in the market today
What is Elementor
Elementor is the ultimate drag and drop page builder for WordPress that lets you create beautiful WordPress websites quickly and easily. Elementor is the frontend page builder that brings to reality diverse design ideas and concepts. It comes with a library of widgets, a beautifully designed template library, mobile editing toolset, and more. These are just a few of the many features available within this astounding plugin.
Elementor replaces the traditional basic WordPress editor with a more dynamic frontend editor that makes it possible to create complex layouts visually, and design websites in real-time, without the need of switching between the editor and preview mode. Elementor makes it possible to get a top-quality design without having to use code or CSS, and without the need to rely on developers for help.
It has an extremely user-friendly interface, which means it takes only a couple of minutes to get the hang of it. Elementor was built with modern technology and has been steadily updated since it was launched in June 2016. This ensures the page builder is fast, and responsive, which means dragging and dropping widgets works seamlessly without any lag.
Out of the box, Elementor drag and drop page builder comes equipped with an array of important elements. Let’s take a look at some of the most interesting features of Elementor.
- Drag and Drop: The drag and drop builder is WordPress’ fastest and most intuitive editor.
- 90+ widgets and elements: It comes with more than 90 widget/elements to choose from, which include buttons, headings, carousels, forms, progress bars, counters, testimonials, and more.
- Mobile responsive: You can switch to mobile, and tweak design elements so that your website looks great on any device.
- No coding required: Elementor’s industry theme builder can build every part of your website without having any coding or scripting skill.
- WYSIWYG: What you see is what you get with Elementor page builder, which basically means that the version of the page you see in Elementor’s interface is just what visitors will see, compared to the old way of design with HTML and CSS.
- Designer-made templates: Elementor comes with a library of pre-designed templates that can be easily imported and modified. There are over 300 designer templates that fit every industry and need. Also, there is the added option of saving your templates.
- Theme Builder: With the Theme Builder on Elementor Pro, it is possible to modify a theme’s core elements like header, footer, create single post templates and posts archive, customize the layout of WooCommerce, build creative 404 error pages, provide a better search experience and so on.
- WooCommerce Builder: It’s a new WooCommerce Builder module, similar to Theme Builder which makes it easy to take control over WooCommerce design by redoing all default pages like single product page or product archive.
- Revision History: With revision history, it is possible to easily retrace pages as entire page creation processes are saved.
- Typography: There are a large number of fonts to play with. And it’s easy to change size weight, style, transform, spacing and so on.
- Integrations: Elementor allows for the integration of email marketing platforms like MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, Hubspot, ConvetKit, etc.
More on Elementor Drag and Drop Pagebuilder
Elementor’s live preview feature means you can see what the final look of your page will be in real-time when published. You can place and move around any of the Elementors elements and modules, such as text paragraphs, images, videos, headlines, buttons, dividers, icons, carousels, spaces, social media icons, shortcodes, and a lot more. Besides that Elementor allow you to change colors, backgrounds, fonts, margin, and padding values with the display setting. Elementor provides total control over website design like no other can.
While Elementor has some impressive design capabilities, it might be a bit difficult getting started if you don’t have the required design knowledge. This is what Elementor’s many pre-made templates are for. The free version offers 150-plus templates, while Elementor Pro offers 300-plus templates.
This library contains templates for all kinds of services and purposes from hotels, to restaurants, barbershop, online course, photography, landing page, law firm, gym, one-page sites, and so on. These pages feature homepages, services pages, contact pages, team pages, portfolios, and many more. Let’s take a quick look at some of these themes:
Hello Theme: Elementor Hello theme is a lightweight, minimalist blank starter theme for building and customizing entire site parts from the ground up.
Layers Theme: This is a free multipurpose theme. It is a responsive theme that features a special panel, easy customization of site areas like headers and footers, blog pages, and more.
BuWoo Theme: BuWoo is a full Elementor enhanced, WooCommerce theme that comes with custom WooCommerce widgets, is SEO ready and includes multiple layouts and header styles.
SydneyTheme: This is a powerful theme designed specifically for business and provides a fast way for freelances to set up their business online. It sets up beautifully with Elementor.
GeneratePress Theme: GeneratePress is a free theme that is lightweight, well constructed, and extremely fast.
OceanWP Theme: OceanWP is a free multipurpose WordPress theme perfect for creating all types of websites. It is SEO friendly, fast, and fully compatible with Elementor.
Astra Theme: This is a fast, elegant, and fully customized theme that is compatible with Elementor. There are over 50 pre-built Elementor-based websites with Astra theme.
Rife Free: Rife Free is a great creative WP theme for portfolio and photography.
If you have been looking for the perfect drag and drop page builder to design your outstanding WordPress website, then Elementor drag and drop builder is your go-to tool. Although there are many alternatives on the market, Elementor stands out in providing unique solutions for everyone (from beginners to professionals) and offers a free version which does a good job, without compelling you to upgrade to a paid license.