Things Every Small Business Owner Should Know About Social Media
Many small business owners are first time entrepreneurs. And even if they aren’t, they probably aren’t experts in the digital marketing space. Many small business owners need to learn the difference between Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media Marketing (SMM).
They biggest problem is: that if you were to sit your average small business owner down with a leader in the online marketing space, many of them wouldn’t know what questions to ask. This is where a thorough knowledge of social media and its effect is needed. And before you can help them get answers, you need to help them understand what questions are relevant to their business.
People that aren´t very experienced with social media needs to know that social media takes time and effort. It takes dedication. It takes knowledge and skill in multiple social media platforms. This is (probably) also the most important Things Every Small Business Owner Should Know About Social Media.
But it is your new marketing and you should as a small business owner take advantage of it. Once you get a basic understanding of this, and start to be active in a few selected social media sites, you can start to schedule when you are using them and interacting with your clients.
You do need a presence in more than platform, whether it be your blog, Facebook page, twitter, flicker, Pinterest, or other more niche sites. Your market uses various platforms, so cater to where they are. (you would do this with traditional marketing too, right? Advertise where your customers are most likely to see you?)
As you develop your platforms, and you want to add even more social connections, try cool things like social promotions. Make a photo contest for your fans, to spread the word about your brand…
These are the typical questions that small business owners ask:
- I have a Facebook page, managed to scrape together 500 likes, what now? How do I turn these likes into $$$?
- I spent a small fortune on web design, I think I have a great website, will spending an even bigger fortune on SEO bring me some customers?
- Should I spend money on AdWords again? I tried that before but is very expensive and I hardly got any customers out of it.
- They say there’s still money in email marketing, or maybe I should write a blog, but what do I write about regularly? I’m not much of a writer anyway…
- I should probably hire somebody to answer these questions or do these things for me but who do I trust? There are so many “EXPERTS” out there, and they are not cheap! How do I know I will get ROI and won’t just burn my money?
These were some of the Things Every Small Business Owner Should Know About Social Media. If you feel like we missed something or if you have any further questions-don´t hesitate to ask them below!