7 Ways to Get More Pinterest Followers
Are you trying to increase your followers on Pinterest to get better marketing results? Good. Despite Pinterest being much smaller than Twitter or Facebook, it is accountable for more than 23% of sales driven by social media.
According to Pinterest statistics, more than 47% of online consumers that are based in the U.S. says they have made a purchased online based on Pinterest recommendations. With the average order size through Pinterest of $179 compared to $80 on Facebook and $69 for Twitter, you soon realize that Pinterest isn’t a social media platform that you should skip using.
Note: Do have in mind that most of Pinterest’s users are women and if your target audience isn’t women, then Pinterest might not be able to generate the results that you ware hoping for and it might be a good idea to choose some other platforms.
In this article, you will learn 7 Ways to Get More Pinterest Followers.
1. Have an appealing profile.
This is the first thing that you should do to be able to grow more Pinterest followers.
The overall look is like the outside of a restaurant. If the outside looks dull and old, it might not be as appealing to take a deeper look into your profile.
Most importantly. If your profile isn’t appealing, the chances of someone deciding to follow you is decreased.
Boost your credibility by finishing and polishing the overall image of your profile.
Some tips that will help you do this are:
The username that you choose should be in common with your name or business’s name. If people are searching for you, it twill make people find you more easily.
- Don’t forget to fill out the “About” section. Describe yourself or your business by letting people know what you do.
- Include a link to your website as this will increase your credibility.
- Don’t forget to add a profile picture. Preferably, you should use a shot of your face since people are more likely to follow a real person. If you run a company page, a logo works fine as well as it can increase brand awareness.
- Connect your Pinterest account with other social media platforms that you are using as it makes it easier for people to find you through other platforms.
2. Share high-quality content.
If you want to increase followers on any social media, sharing high-quality content is one essential part of that since most people choose to follow a profile based on the content they share.
Your images and Pins should be crisp and in high-resolution. Don’t allow yourself to post blurry or low quality images as this ruins the overall image on your page.
Images that are vertical gets the best response on Pinterest as these tend to look best on mobile screens.
Create your photos with a maximum vertical aspect ratio of 1:2.8 as this will help you a lot in your Pinterest growth.
3. Arrange a contest.
Creating engaging Pinterest Contests are a great way to reach a bigger audience and get more followers, leads and website traffic.
Pinterest contests also helps create valuable connections, interactions and mentions of your page.
Some key elements to have in mind when creating a contest on Pinterest are:
- Make it easy to enter your contest.
- Make the contest visually appealing.
- Make the prize(s) appealing as this will attract more people.
- Ask competitors for repins.
- Ask the contestants to create boards.
- Make your Pinterest contest mobile friendly-as a lot of people are using Pinterest on mobile, this is very important.
- Cross-promote your contest through other social media platforms and don’t forget your website.
4. Have “Pin It” And “Follow” Prompts On Your Blog And Website.
If you didn’t know, you can add “Pin it” links on your images that you share on your website.
You might have seen it on different websites and that is because it is so effective.
By having a “Pin it” button on your images, you are letting people know that you have Pinterest and that might make them follow you.
By making it easy for people to share your content, you will also get a bigger spread and reach more people without much effort.
Follow prompts will also help generate Pinterest followers because if they like your brand and website, there’s a big chance they want to stay updated with what you do.
5. Repin others’ pins.
It has been reported that up to 80% of the pins you see on Pinterest are repins.
Repinning is not just a way to share other people’s content. It is a way to show your followers what you find important and valuable and Repinning has a lot of advantages.
By repining content that’s seen as interesting and helpful by your followers helps you build a Pinterest account that works as an authority in your niche and the go-to account for information.
- By repinning, you are not only making your followers see your repins, you are also letting the person that you repinned know that you repinned them as they will get a notification of this.
- Often, the person that got their content repinned checks out the person that made the repin so it works like a tool of spreading knowledge regarding your page’s existence and it can also result in a new follower.
It is not uncommon that the account you repinned returns the favor by repining your pins and in that way spread your account to more users. This is an effective way to gain lots of followers very quickly if done correctly.
6. ENGAGE WITH OTHERS!
This is one of the keys to growing quickly on any social media platform and Pinterest is no exception.
Build relationships with followers and influencers that will grow your reach by engaging with them.
There are many ways you can engage with your audience on but some of the most effective and common are:
- Engage with your followers directly responding to their comments and any questions that they might have. When answering, addressing by name is a great way to improve your customer service and get loyal followers and supporters.
- Don’t only expect people to comment on your Pins. Reach out to your followers’ boards as well. Leave genuine comments on their pins and let them know that you appreciate what they are doing. Ask a question that creates a conversation as their followers will see your comments also- resulting in a bigger growth.
When commenting on popular pins, your page will be seen by everyone who is following that particular pin, meaning that your page will get a bigger reach and most likely more followers.
7. Create appealing descriptions.
Apart from creating high-quality content, you also want to focus on creating appealing descriptions as these can help drive more people to your Pins and ultimately result in more followers.
Write compelling descriptions by making them specific, timeless and most importantly, thoughtful.
Often, people discover pins through the search function so being more specific in your descriptions can make your Pins surface during searches and generate more followers as your Pins will be more relevant to the person searching.
What are your tricks to growing your Pinterest followers?
Let us know in the comments below!