Habits Of Highly Successful People
Becoming successful is about being productive and spending your time wisely. By creating constructive habits, you increase your chances of becoming successful but what are the Habits Of Highly Successful People?
In this article, we´ll write about the most common Habits Of Highly Successful People.
1. Self-analysis and self-development. People of success know themselves.
- Meditation. It’s very, very common among successful people. Just type in Google meditation and successful people and you will be bombarded with hundreds of examples.
- Journaling. Some of the most prominent figures in history kept journals: Marcus Aurelius (a Roman Emperor), Napoleon Bonaparte (leader of France who conquered almost the whole Europe), many saints. Many highly successful people in business kept journals as well (for example Jim Rohn).
- Prayer/ examination of conscience and many similar activities having a religious background.
- Gratitude. You will literally rewire your brain so you will be focused more on positive side of things.
2. Health. You don’t have to be a fitness fanatic to be successful. But you can do much more in every aspect of life if you take proper care of your body.
- Drinking water. Most people are simply constantly dehydrated, because they just don’t care enough about water intake. Stay hydrated and make it a habit to drink water.
- Exercises. Very, very various activities. Some walk, some engages in sports, some weight lift, but almost every single successful person is physically active on a daily basis.
- Sleeping enough. When you undersleep you cannot be at your best. 7-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep is what adults need on average.
- Napping. Sometimes your schedule just don’t allow for 7-9 hours of sleep and sometimes 15-minute nap is the best way to quickly increase your performance.
- Eating right. In most cases it means simply moderation over indulgence.
3. Habits mastery. It is extremely hard to find a successful person who doesn’t use consistent habits to achieve more.
- Morning ritual. Many successful people stack several habits in the morning to motivate themselves/ start the day strong/ tackle the most important things at the beginning of a day.
- Working rituals. For example many writers established their rituals, to put them into the right mood for writing and stick to them religiously.
- Evening rituals. Many successful people have evening rituals, too.
- Pomodoro technique. Doing work in small sprints (15-, 25-, 50-minute)
- A habit of developing habits. The successful people develops their own frameworks for developing new good habits.
4. Focus. Vision. Goal setting.
- A goal on an index card. They carry it with themselves through the day and look at it often.
- Personal mission statement. Your personal constitution based on your values that guides you in life. Once you develop it, you refer to it habitually: read it, repeat it in your mind, listen to it etc.
- Vision board.
- Setting priorities for a day/ week/ month. Successful people have also appropriate habits to follow them and review them.
5. Socializing for business. Networking. It’s hard to find a rich hermit.
- Sending personalized messages.
- Sending thank you notes.
- Reaching out to influencers/ peer on social media on a regular basis.
- Attending conferences and events.
6. Reading and self-education. How to get ahead of the knowledge curve and stay there.
- Reading. Books, professional magazines, blogs, industry leaders’ stuff etc.
- Formal education. Courses, workshops, certificates programs and so on.
- Self-education. In various forms: more reading, watching videos, listening to audio programs, online courses and so on.
- Listening to podcasts.
- Watching TED talks.