How To Maximize Productivity When Working From Home
This question does not require a lengthy answer but we have however gather the most important tips and answers on How To Maximize Productivity When Working From Home.
- Routine – treat home working like external working. Set a routine and stick to it where possible. You have the flexibility to deal with situations as they arise but don’t abuse it. Routine.
- Location – have a dedicated workspace and use it effectively. It will put you in the mindset for working well.
- Distractions – the biggest problem you will face. Take measures to minimise your distractions from accomplishing your tasks. Only you can know how to work at an optimum level. Some people like music and television on in the background. Some people need complete silence. You should take steps to eliminate any aspect of your work environment which might distract you.
- Distractions – Again! Download a program which limits access to certain internet sites during certain times – Google it for options. It will prevent the habitual checking of Facebook, Instagram, etc. Maintain separate work and personal email accounts.
- Set time-limits to specific tasks. For instance work from 9-11 am and then give yourself a half hour break. Don’t break your time commitment, so it is important to not make it to long. Your reward will come in a specific timed break. It will let you work more focused.
- Social Media. Log out of Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and all the others. Again in your half hour break (or less or more) you can go back and check everything you want. Most likely you will not want to log back during your precious break.
- Phone(s) on silent or better turn off completely. If you give yourself for instance a two hour work limits then almost everything can wait for at least those two hours to be taken care off afterwards.
- Mind chatter. Eliminate or decrease unnecessary mind chatter. You can tell your brain to stop thinking about all the great things you are possibly missing out on and tell it to just focus now for those two hours. You can after working your time frame go back to thinking, dreaming or anything else about your current/future life.
- Breathing. The right breathing is crucial to productivity. Check your breathing on a regular basis. The right breathing will give you more focus, alertness and creates fewer mistakes.