How to Permanently Delete Facebook Messages
If you are looking to delete messages on Facebook, you have the option to either delete a specific message or deleting the entire history of your conversations (all messages that you´ve ever sent to each other ). What ever the case is, in this article, we´ll be teaching you How to Permanently Delete Facebook Messages in this article.
1. Permanently Delete your Facebook Chat History From A Computer
- Visit Facebook.com through your web browser
- Click the Messenger icon to the top right of the screen and click “See All” on the new window that appears.
- Click on the “Actions” cogwheel that you´ll find at the top right of your screen. This will result in an appearing menu of options.
- Click “Delete Conversation” in order to delete an entire conversation.
- If you wish to delete specific messages, click “Delete Messages.” You will then see a menu where you can choose specific messages to delete. Once there, you have to option to tick a box next to each message depending on which you would like to delete. Click delete button to complete.
2. Delete Facebook Chat History on a Mobile Device
- Open Facebook Messenger by tapping the app on your mobile device.
- To delete an entire conversation, select the conversation that you’d like to delete and swipe to the left.
- Select and tap “Delete”
- To delete a particular message, tap into the conversation so that you can see all of the messages within it
- Tap “Delete
NOTE: Deleting messages or clearing your history does not remove the message from other people’s message history. Know that you can not delete messages in the hopes it disappearing from your friend´s message history so be careful what you write. At least you now (hopefully) know How to Permanently Delete Facebook Messages from your own message history.