There could be multiple reasons why you end up blocking someone on a social media platform. It could be due to miscommunication, you not liking their content, or sometimes it might happen accidentally.
If you have accidentally blocked someone on Pinterest, be assured there’s not much you have to worry about. The steps to unblocking someone on the platform are fairly easy, provided you know what you are doing.
To make things easier for you, we have sorted all the ways you can unblock someone on Pinterest via the web or their mobile apps available on Android and iOS.
Unblocking On The Web
If you primarily use Pinterest on your desktop or laptop and want to unblock someone you accidentally blocked on the platform, the steps are fairly easy.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by opening your browser and then opening Pinterest.
- If you aren’t logged into your account, that’s the first thing you must do.
- Once on the homepage, go to the search bar and type the account username you wish to unblock.
- Find the account in the search list results and click on it.
- Tap on the Unblock button from there.
Once done, you can refresh the page, and you should be able to view their pins and the boards easily again.
Unblocking On Mobile
If you use Pinterest on your Android or iOS device, unblocking an account on Pinterest isn’t as complicated on the app as you think.
The steps differ for Android and iOS, so that we will touch base with it separately so you aren’t confused.
- Open the Pinterest app on your iPhone. If you aren’t logged into your account, log in first.
- Next, click on the search bar and type the account username you have blocked.
- Choose the account from the search list.
- Once on the person’s Pinterest profile, navigate to the three-dots icon beside the follow button.
- Click on it and then click on Unblock to finish the process.
- If you use Pinterest on an Android device, open the app and log into the account.
- Once on the homepage, find the account you wish to unblock.
- Select the profile and tap on Unblock.
- This will redirect you to a pop-up asking you to confirm if you wish to unblock. Confirm the request.
And that’s pretty much all you need to do to unblock someone on Pinterest using the mobile app version. The steps are fairly easy. However, one thing we’d personally recommend is to ensure that you are unblocking the right profile and not the ones that are creating a nuisance on your Pinterest dashboard.
Can I tell If Someone Has Blocked Me On Pinterest?
Like most other social media platforms, even Pinterest doesn’t notify you when someone blocks you on the platform.
Is there any way of knowing whether someone has blocked me?
For that, you’d have to do a manual search, which can be a pain, truthfully. You can navigate to the search bar and type the profile username you think might have you blocked. If you can’t find their account in the search results, that could be a sign they have you blocked.
Another scenario is when you can see their profile but can’t view any of the content they have pinned or shared; that’s another sign they might have blocked you.
The last scenario to check whether or not someone has blocked you on Pinterest is by checking if you can comment on the pin or board they have shared. If you can’t comment on the pin, that’s potentially a sign that the account blocks you.
Why Do People Block Other Users On Pinterest?
When it comes to Pinterest is possibly one of the most laid-back platforms where people share photos, pins, and vision boards. Some people use it for marketing their products and services too.
So, why would someone want to block profiles on Pinterest? We have listed down a few potential reasons that you can consider:
- To prevent someone from seeing their pins and boards.
- To prevent someone from commenting on your posts.
- To prevent someone from messaging you.
- To prevent someone from following your account.
- To keep the account secure and away from harmful Pinterest users.
- To prevent someone from spamming your account.
- To prevent people from being rude or harassing you.
- To ensure that you don’t see that profile’s pins or boards on your dashboard.
The list of potential reasons you might want to block others on Pinterest is fairly common. However, you need to understand that everyone’s reasoning is subjective.
That wraps up everything you need to know about unblocking someone on Pinterest. If you have accidentally blocked someone and want to undo your mistake, this article explains all the steps involved. On the flip side, we have highlighted a few potential reasons why people might block someone on Pinterest, so give those a read too.